Systems Engineer II
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Job Description: Responsible for backups and Storage infrastructure. Problem determination and resolution of Backups and Storage systems. Responsible for design, development and implementation of open systems and storage solutions. Manage design and delivery of commercial SAN, Backup & Recovery and storage platforms from vendors. Manage capacity, reporting and forecasting of backup and storage needs. Manage performance tuning and optimization of physical and virtual backup and storage systems. Work on large projects in matrix reporting environment. Create design documentation and mentor junior staff.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Electrical Engineering or a related field, and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered, Storage and Backup Administration, or a related occupation.
Experience and/or education must include:
1. 5 years of experience designing and implementing enterprise backup and recovery solutions;
2. 5 years of experience designing and implementing enterprise storage solutions;
3. 5 years of experience with Open Systems; and
4. 5 years of experience with Systems Hardware like server, storage, network, deduplication storage appliance, and tape library.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top