Systems Engineer - E-commerce
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable and cloud-based platform solutions. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
As part of a key transformation initiative, you will be accountable for developing ecommerce solutions and integrations on Salesforce Commerce cloud. You will actively participate in the requirement gathering, technical design, and development for multiple brands in a global application.
You will collaborate with the Brands, Digital, GapTech and 3rd party services to deliver outstanding customer experiences and eCommerce technical operations for our global brands. This is a critical role on our global Salesforce Commerce Platform team working cross functionally to scale with the business.
- Develop ecommerce solutions using Salesforce Commerce Cloud. Hands on development of a multi-brand, global ecommerce platform.
- Participate in requirement gathering and technical design discussions.
- Design and develop new integrations between Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Gap's in-house applications and third party digital, payment, and order management systems.
- Work closely with production support team and assist in resolving critical production issues
- Translate customer and business needs into detailed technical requirements, develop use cases and elaborate user stories; define metrics to measure success and value
- Collaborate with Gap Inc.'s technical teams to define and implement solution
- Support the evolving solution roadmap by evaluating new platform features and link partner capabilities
- Provide oversight on integration testing and UAT efforts
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Information Systems, or equivalent degree or work experience
- Strong foundation across a variety of E-Commerce platform. Salesforce Commerce (Demandware) is preferred.
- Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Excellent communication skills
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrixed environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Creative thinker, leveraging prior experiences in solving problems in an innovative way
- Strength in driving for business outcomes and results
- Successful track record in launching features/products that add business value
- Familiar with working in an Agile project environment and with Agile collaboration tools: Jira, Git, Confluence.
- Experience integrating 3rd party products / services into the ecommerce experience (Digital Marketing, Analytics, Optimization etc)
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top