System Engineer II
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Job Description: Ensure that all processes, procedures and escalation points have been implemented and followed through. Provide technical inputs in Service Level Agreements (SLA), as well as deliver upon SLAs required by different internal customers, such as the various Gap Brands and Application Business Partners. Participate as part of the Network Engineering organization and interact with Architects, Engineers and Operations individuals across a variety of service and infrastructure towers. Partner with Infrastructure delivery partners and work across the various cross-functional stakeholders. Maintain and provide input on standard and best practice network toolset environments with a focus on Fault Management and Capacity/Performance Monitoring tools. Partner with Server and Application owners to ensure their applications have similar degrees of redundancy, resiliency and failover capability. Identify, research, evaluate and recommend best practice network operations based run books. Participate in a tiered support model for highly impacting network related issues and events. Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation to support the network infrastructure.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree or foreign degree equivalent in Information Technology, Engineering, Commerce, or related field and five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered, network engineering, or a related occupation.
Experience and/or education must include:
1. 5 years of experience with Core Routing protocols, including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS;
2. 5 years of experience with Load balancing protocols, including GLBP and HSRP;
3. 5 years of experience with Traffic Engineering and Security protocols, including NAT, QoS, VRF, ACL;
4. 5 Years of experience with Network Management protocols, including NETFLOW, SNMP, DHCP, NTP;
5. 4 years of experience with the PA firewalls and SRX firewalls of the Palo Alto and Juniper platforms;
6. 5 years of experience with core network switching protocols, including STP, VTP, BPDU, VSS;
7. 5 years of experience with core competency in Nexus Platform, Nexus 7000, Nexus 5000, and VPC;
8. 4 years of experience with Network Security skills, including Cisco DMVPN, IPSec, GRE, AnyConnect, and Site to Site VPN; and
9. 4 years of experience with Software Define Networking.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top