System Engineer I - Linux System Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
- This position will be part of a talented team that is responsible for the growth, ongoing maintenance and development of a large-scale server farm running primarily on Linux and UNIX.
- Provide Level 3 support for complex system and applications, rolling out new systems, maintaining, migrating, upgrading and improving the long-term performance of the systems.
- Perform as a senior member of the systems administration team to support the installation, optimization, integration, troubleshooting, backup, recovery, modification, security, and upgrading of IT systems and components to provide services that enable customers to effectively apply IT to business requirements.
- Have knowledge of tools and mechanisms for distributing new or upgraded software to ensure customers receive current versions of supported software, as they become available.
- Shall be able to work with other senior staff to recommend and design systems architecture and topology from both general and specific perspectives. Provide L3 support on a on-call support rotation model
- Identifying recommended and security patches for our platforms
- Testing the deployment of identified patch bundles and application integration Scripting
Who you are
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in engineering and design capacities
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with strong work habits and have mid-level career experience in maintaining large numbers of UNIX servers.
- Deep Understanding of UNIX/Linux Fundamentals and concepts.
- Extensive System Administration experience with Red Hat, OEL and other Linux flavors.
- Experience with administering servers and storage within Azure cloud environments
and OCI (Oracle Cloud)
- Hands on experience with HP and Dell bare metal server deployments and automation
- Understanding to VMWARE concepts and exposure to large scale Virtualized environments
- Scripting experience, specifically with Ruby/Perl, Python and shell scripting language to automate existing and workloads and routine system admin tasks.
- Experience with Chef / Puppet /CfEngine will be a big plus.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, BIND, LDAP and other core technologies such as Sendmail, NTP, TCP/IP, FCIP, iSCSI, SAN, NAS etc.
- Experience in resolving complex issues related to Break-fix Performance tuning and deployments.
- Extensive troubleshooting skills with Linux, network in complex App and DB environments.
- Strong understanding of network and server security
- Experience implementing, administering and creating custom dashboards for performance monitoring/Metrics
- RHCE, VSphere ESXi, AZURE/AWS/OCI certifications
- Knowledge on ksplice, Spacewalk, OEL (Oracle Linux).
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent experience in IT.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top