System Engineer I - Linux Admin
- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
- This position will be part of a talented team that is responsible for the growth, on-going maintenance and development of a largescale server farm running primarily on Linux and Windows.
- Provide support for complex system and applications, rolling out new systems, maintaining, migrating, upgrading and improving the long-term performance of the systems.
Extensive System Engineering experience with Red Hat Linux, Oracle Linux, or other CentOS Flavors.
- Proven experience in VMWARE running large scale Virtualized environments
- Creating vSwitches, Port groups, NIC Teaming, Bonding, and VLAN or Virtual Network Problem management.
- Implementing and Administering VMware ESX/ESXi/Vcenter.
- Vmkernel storage SAN Multipathing and NFS.
- Strong development experience in Java & Python & Java Script
- Strong experience in scripting i.e. Ruby, PowerShell, Golang.
- Worked with CI/CD and configuration management tools i.e. Chef or Puppet, & Ansible, Jenkins, GitLab, Azure DevOps, ARM templates etc.
- Good understanding of Container platforms, Microservices and app functions
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Should have a go-getter attitude, passion to learn, develop and grow.
- Good understanding of privacy and compliance standards i.e. PCI, GDPR etc..
- Possess one or more advanced professional cloud certifications, Azure / AWS will be a plus
- Preferred B.S. or M.S. Computer Science, M.I.S., or technology field. In lieu of degree all relevant work experience, skill and certifications will be considered.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top