Strategy Pricing Analyst
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Pricing team is a key part of a broader Strategy & Insights team that works front and center in defining the best path forward for our brands and portfolio. Through a focus on the customer, rigorous analyses, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we directly impact the strategic direction of our portfolio of brands.
Our team reports to the Chief Customer Officer / EVP of Strategy and provides strategic support to our CEO and Sr Leadership team.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for innovative and analytical thinkers who want to drive an outsized impact on Gap Inc; people that are looking to interact with the key influencers and leaders of the company.
The role is based in San Francisco at our corporate headquarters and is a part of the Gap pricing team. It will be primarily focused on high level strategic design of pricing architecture for ticket price and price execution through promotion and other levers impacting out the door pricing. As a key partner to our brands, you will be a part of the ongoing brand transformation to more data-driven and customer-centric driven business.
Your goal is to drive long-term, value-creating opportunities through deep partnership with leaders and stakeholders across the company with many opportunities for interaction with the highest levels of leadership in the company.
You are product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, analytical, nimble, fast-moving and collaborative.
• Identify key issues, structure approaches, develop workplans and deliver key outputs
• Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis, including mining and analyzing data and performing market and competitive research
• Synthesize disparate information into compelling insights, findings and recommendations that drive action and business impact
• Translate key insights into operationalized business initiatives, serving as a strategic partner for Brand stakeholders throughout execution
• Partner with cross-functional business stakeholders at all levels with pricing-related insights and problem solving
• Bachelor's degree required
• A strategic & analytic mind with proven experience applying structure to answer complex questions or problems
• Strong analytical skills, with ability to collect, organize and analyze large sets of data efficiently and effectively
• Strong writing, speaking, and communication skills able to translate analyses into a clear, simple story
• Ability to develop hypotheses and translate complex ideas into structured output
• Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker
• Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively - a true team player
• Self-starting and independent - able to define workplans, drive work, and report on status
• Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects
• Technical knowledge: Excel, Powerpoint, VBA, SQL, R, SPSS
• Strong interest in and knowledge of retail and/or apparel industry
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top