Strategic Sourcing Manager - Tech
About the role
The CategoryManager - Technology Hardware of Strategic Sourcing drives competitiveadvantage and value creation for categories they lead (IT Equipment andassociated maintenance, including Data Center, Point of Sale, TechnologyAccessories and other Technology Hardware). The Category Manager will ownplanning, implementation, and execution of category strategy for complex andhigh-impact categories. The Category Manager will be responsible for developingeffective business partner relationships with leaders internally and externallyat all levels.
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
What you'll do
- Manage and execute categorystrategies throughstrong technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business' short-termand long-term plans. Has deep understanding of key strategic sourcing functions(supplier selection, marketing intelligence, business partner management,contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Build and strengthenstrategic relationships: successfully partner across functions and levels with internalstakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results andinfluence change
- External Focus: Develop deep categoryknowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers andstakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Achieve defined categoryperformance targets;hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement coursecorrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage stronginfluencing skills todefine Strategic Sourcing's role and align objectives and targets withstakeholders, including senior leadership
- Provide guidance andmentorship on Strategic Sourcing technical knowledge to juniorteam members
- High level ofadaptability tomanage the changing needs of the business as they arise
- Business Acumen: category expertise inthe following categories (ie. IT Hardware, IT Logistics, IT ProfessionalServices and related Maintenance).
- Strategic Orientation: experience leveragingbusiness acumen, market intelligence, and insight to influence and drivestrategic impact in complex categories. Proven ability to assess and adapt todynamic business environment
- SourcingCapability: manage, plan, andexecute complex, global categories to drive short and long-term results throughcategory strategies, leveraging in-depth market knowledge, collaboration andinfluencing at all levels of a global organization.
- Personal Leadership: demonstrated executivepresence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadershipteam.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated abilityto effectively navigate in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels ofperformance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
- Change Leadership: experienceleading without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Experience: 5 + years professional experience inmanagement consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain
- Education: Advanced degree preferred
Back to top