Strategic Sourcing Manager - Professional Services
About the role
The CategoryManager I of Strategic Sourcing drives competitive advantage and value creationfor categories they support (Outsourcing and IT Professional Services). The CategoryManager I will own planning, implementation, and execution of category strategyfor specific categories (Managed Technology Services, Outsourcing, Consultancyand other Professional Services). The Category Manager I will be responsiblefor developing effective relationships with business partners internally andexternally at all levels. The Category Manager I will work with IT Domain Leadsto formulate roadmaps and pipelines for Gap's IT Programs including but notlimited to Cross Channel Logistics, Salesforce product implementation, DataAnalytics and various e-commerce requirements.
Employeewill be responsible for leading negotiations with vendors in the IT outsourcing/ professional services / contingent labor categories. This will include notonly capturing business partner requirements, but understanding the varioustechnologies and negotiating to obtain advantage. The Category Manager I willneed to be able to formulate IT Professional Services spend baselines to effectivelyconduct RFP activity. The employee will need to understand emergingtechnologies affecting the IT Professional Services industry, including but notlimited to Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Automation, and BPO.
What you'll do
- Manage and executesourcing strategies for specific categories through technical/functional knowledge,in support of the business' short-term and long-term plans. Has understandingof key strategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, marketingintelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations,SRM, etc.)
- Build and strengthen businesspartner relationships:successfully partner across functions and levels with internal stakeholders,external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influencechange
- External Focus: Develop categoryknowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholdersto identify and benchmark best practices
- Achieve defined categoryperformance targets;hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement coursecorrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage influencingskills toalign objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Business Acumen: category knowledge inthe following categories (ie. Managed Technology Services, Outsourcing, Consultancy andother Professional Services etc)
- SourcingCapability: manage, plan, andexecute category strategy to drive short and long-term results by leveragingmarket knowledge and collaboration and influencing at various levels.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated abilityto effectively navigate in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels ofperformance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
- Experience: 4 + years professional experience inmanagement consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain
- Education: Advanced degree preferred
Back to top