Strategic Sourcing Manager
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager drives competitive advantage and value creation for sourcing initiatives they manage. (On-Garment Labels and Packaging). The Manager will own planning, implementation, and execution of sourcing strategy for specific categories. The Manager will be responsible for developing effective relationships with business partners internally and externally at various levels.
- Engages and establishes partnerships across Brands to collaborate, influence, and execute sourcing strategy
- Facilitates and participates in meetings with Business Partners across Brands and functions
- Builds effective relationships with external suppliers to drive and execute sourcing strategy
- Manage and execute sourcing strategies based on Brand requirements
- Manage sourcing projects: partners with manager to develop strategy, creates implementation plan and executes to achieve results
- Demonstrates adaptability to manage the changing business needs as they arise
- Manage and execute sourcing strategies for specific categories through technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business' short-term and long-term plans. Has understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, market intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Build and strengthen business partner relationships : successfully partner across functions and levels with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to achieve results
- External Focus : Develop category knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Achieve defined category performance targets ; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage influencing skills to align objectives and targets with stakeholders
- Business Acumen: experience in garment production, on-garment labels and/or apparel packaging or indirect Sourcing background
- Sourcing Capability : manage, plan, and execute sourcing strategy to drive short and long-term results by leveraging market knowledge and collaboration and influencing with stakeholders.
- Drive for Results : Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
- Experience: 4 + years professional experience in management consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain
- Education: Advanced degree preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top