Store Planner, Times Square
Are you ready for the next big thing? (We mean REALLY big.)
This Fall, Gap and Old Navy are launching new flagship stores in New York City's Times Square, right on Broadway.
It's the most-visited place on earth: 50 million people walk Times Square's streets every year.
We know that the world will literally be watching, and we're going to wow them with innovative and immersive brand experiences that reinvent retail. The people who lead these one-of-a-kind stores will be leading the Gap Inc. retail experience into the next decade.
It's a career-defining, life-changing opportunity and we're looking for nothing short of the best leaders in retail to be a part of our Times Square team. If your qualifications match the following job descriptions, and you're inspired to lead Gap into the future, we'd love to meet you.
The Store Planner is responsible for optimizing the unit productivity for the Times Square store. The Store Planner will partner with cross-functional teams to develop and implement store assortment strategies across all product divisions for Times Square store. They will utilize reporting tools that enable the product teams to develop assortments that cater towards individual store needs in a scalable and robust way.
- Manage allocation of units to Times Square to optimize sales velocity in partnership with store planning and market planning
- Inform and partner with supply chain function to optimize delivery and flow
- Advises on in-season and pre-season inventory strategies in partnership with DM and HQ partners through local customer filters
- Key partner to DM and upper field leaders to partner on store inventory plans and opportunities
- Analyze and predict turn, efficiency and rate of unit sales
- Create reports in order to optimize unit productivity for the Times Square store.
- Keep data in various systems up to date in consideration of store's sales trends.
- Conduct analyses based on the store that factor in the situations of market and selling floors.
- Conduct analyses on merchandise assortment, optimal CC count, optimal inventory level, etc., in order to optimize unit productivity at the store level.
111 WEST 33RD STREET
- Business Driver - passion for driving the business;
- Problem Solver - able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions;
- Communication & Collaboration - strong communication and customer service skills; provides the information people need to make decisions in a timely, effective manner; able to effectively tell a story and convey themes through the meaningful interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data; Relates well with people at all levels and functions across the organization.
- Personal Leadership - demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Business & Financial Acumen - able to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results;
- Advanced competency with Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and the ability to learn new applications quickly
- Supply chain or retail software product and logistics flow knowledge is highly desirable
- Able to work with a tremendous amount of detail without losing sight of the big picture.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Back to top