In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
Description: This Store Planning role is responsible for developing pre season and pre allocation store inventory depth targets by category. The planner will partner closely with Inventory Management business partners to translate product strategies to store groups and ensure equitable inventory allocation across store groups. This role also serves as the point person to work closely with field leaders to appropriately position store inventory, including both proactive partnership and resolving issues.
- Proven leadership & respect amongst peers
- Comfortably and confidently articulate point of view and strategy to Field & Inventory Management peers and leaders
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to quickly re-prioritize while still meeting deadlines
- Identify and propose new ideas that drive the business or improve efficiency
- Proven history of building trusted relationships with business partners
- Escalate & inform manager of foreseeable risks to plans or strategy
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability to transform findings into executable plans and sustainable solutions
- Ability to understand a store inventory strategy and develop an execution plan, at times with minimal direction
- Execute ad hoc data analysis as needed to support business decisions, synthesize results, and recommend actions as appropriate
- Understand complex ideas quickly
- Understands how to measure store sales and inventory performance
- Proven track record of adding more value within the same role over time
- Strong mathematical and statistical aptitude with an ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improve processes
- Ability to work independently and with teams interchangeably to deliver results
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills
- Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel & Access; Proficient in PowerPoint & Word, and has the ability & interest in mastering new and available technical applications
- Inventory management experience required
- Knowledge of market and country variances desired
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience required
- 2-3 years experience in a retail or supply chain management environment
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top