Storage Devops Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
- This position is accountable for the execution of storage management strategy across projects, application support teams, and infrastructure vendors.
- He or she is responsible for cross platform storage consumption profiling and capacity predictions.
- This position has overall ownership of physical and virtual storage configurations and is accountable for both optimizing the environment for performance and to ensure its stability.
- Design, deploy and maintain complex storage systems (SAN, NAS, ISCSI)
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and strategy for open system storage globally.
- Manage the delivery of designs for SAN, Backup and Recovery, and Storage platforms from peers, and third-party vendors
- Monitor and analyze the system to ensure effective usage of all phases of storage infrastructure, including but not limited to SAN configurations, logical and physical stripping and IOPS optimization.
- Establish measurement processes that track space management allocation, usage, and reclamation opportunities.
- Track actual usage against applications and projects expected growth by storage tier.
- Define and monitor threshold-alerting mechanisms.
- Early detection of I/O degradation across tier, remediation, and identification of root cause.
- Profile by tier IOPS including bytes per I/O and tier criteria attainment.
Who you are
Capabilities & Requirements:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology.
- years experience in Storage and IT/customer facing role
- In-depth knowledge of the storage concepts and architectures, specifically with NetApp, HPE, PURE, and Dell Storages along with CISCO SAN Switches
- Solid experience in gathering business requirements and translating them into technical solutions (Cloud)
- Comprehensive understanding of the IT processes and best practices related to backup and recovery and NAS/SAN technology
- Willingness to work in a team environment supporting Enterprise SAN and NAS infrastructure performing design, tiering, installation, configuration and maintenance planning
- Fast and independent learning capabilities. Good interpersonal skills, well organized, self-motivated person, strong customer service, project, and analytical skills
- Good understanding of DevOps framework, tools and Agile methodologies
- Good knowledge on automation technologies and tools (Ansible, Kubernetes, Python)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top