Stock Lead - 86th and 3rd
Supervises merchandise handling process. Provides on-the-job training for and supervises the daily activities of all Non-Sell and/or Stock Associates. Maintains an organized stockroom. Oversees replenishment process and provides the leadership team with feedback regarding staff performance.
- Ensures execution of all shipment receiving and processing procedures to floor-ready standards.
- Ensures floor is replenished per company guidelines. Follows up on staff to ensure accuracy.
- Performs audit and transfers of damaged and defective merchandise, completes re-tickets and charge sends according to Merchandise Handling Manual.
- Tracks productivity and ensures that the team is meeting the Merchandise Handling Manual standards for all non-sell tasks.
- Ensures all delivery information is recorded and accurately reported.
- Demonstrates Service-Based Selling behaviors when on the salesfloor.
- Communicates daily goals and priorities to support associates, redirects activities as necessary to achieve results.
- Coordinates Non-Sell Associate break and shift change schedules to maximize productivity and meet federal and company requirements.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual, including the Field Employee Policy Guide and Code of Business Conduct.
- Maintains all shipment-related paperwork to meet audit requirements.
- Manages shipment supplies and fixtures and communicates needs to the leadership team.
- Ensures stockroom and stockroom activities meet Risk Management requirements.
- Influences employees to support an operationally efficient and effective process driven environment.
1529 3RD AVENUE
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and take the initiative.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to motivate associates to proactively perform replenishment tasks.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Six months Gap Inc. experience preferred.
- Previous experience in retail preferred.
- Ability to safely lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver around salesfloor and stockroom.
- Open availability and flexibility to meet the needs of the business.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top