Stock Associate - Rush
The Stock Associate role is responsible for movement of merchandise in and out of store, loss prevention and could include assistance in visual floor moves. Stock Associates must demonstrate time management skills and a strong sense of urgency in this role.
- Process shipment receipts quickly and accurately. Verify units received; unpack and process merchandise as appropriate (e.g., hang, fold or stack, sensor).
- Process all store to store transfers, RA's and damage/defective transfers efficiently. Confirm all transferred items are accurate, ticketed and sensored correctly, and in good condition.
- Ensure all merchandise in the store is sensored according to company guidelines.
- Maintain accurate Inventory Control records according to company policy and procedures. Participate in quarterly inventory process.
- Communicate inventory issues to management as soon as they arise.
- Maintain all merchandise in the stockroom by category (e.g., designer, sale, hung vs. folded). Label product so it can be located quickly.
- Ensure a high level of organization and cleanliness in all areas of the stockroom, including store supplies and fixtures.
- Ensure that trash is removed regularly and does not block exits.
- Manage store supply inventory and create supply order monthly. Communicate maintenance issues to management in a timely manner.
Daily Operations and Customer Service
- Provide a courteous experience for all customers while on the selling floor.
- Be knowledgeable about inventory levels in stockroom; conduct customer merchandise checks and refill floor as needed.
- Prepare web orders and other charge send packages for shipment appropriately. Maintain accurate UPS records.
- Assist with housekeeping and other store operations duties as assigned by management, including Security Guard break coverage.
40 E DELAWARE
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Keen sense of detail and highly organized.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the store.
- Be respectful of management and co-workers.
- Contribute to a team environment.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top