Stock Associate - Lighthouse Place
Click here to learn how we do more for employees.
The stock associate is responsible for interacting with employees and customers to create a positive, friendly environment. The stock associate maximizes sales by ensuring a neat, clean and organized store. They are responsible for knowing and executing the Gap Outlet Brand Standards and Operational Processes. At Gap Outlet, we promote putting the customer first, then team and task; the stock associate performs any duty within the store that supports these priorities.
- Coordinates with leaders, stock and sales associates to ensure a positive, friendly and efficient customer experience
- Acknowledges and provides assistance to customers; locates merchandise efficiently using various methods; answers questions quickly and accurately
- Prevents theft and loss through positive customer engagement and application of Gap Inc. loss prevention techniques
- Balances the needs of customer, team and task as directed by store leadership
- Communicates with customers and employees in a friendly and respectful way; contributes to a safe and positive work environment
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy & Procedure guide, including Code of Business Conduct and the Employee Policy Guide
- Follows direction provided by store leadership; interprets and acts quickly on business priorities
- Positively represents the brand and store by adhering to the Employee Appearance Policy
- Meets or exceeds company productivity standards for all operational processes: Shipment Processing, Markdowns, Merchandise Signage, Replenishment and Recovery of Sales Floor and Stockroom
- Prepares and executes shipment assembly line tasks to company standard; flexes to all areas of the shipment line as needed
- Coordinates with leaders and fellow associates for the preparation and placement of merchandise on selling floor
- Identifies and communicates opportunities while replenishing size specific quantities throughout the store in response to sell thru
- Ensures neat, clean and organized areas throughout the stockroom and selling floor; performs all assigned cleaning duties
- Ensures unsold and/or returned merchandise is returned to the selling floor within established company standards
- Reports to a member of the leadership team. Receives daily direction from store leadership and collaborates effectively across store teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store employees
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer focused service on and off the sales floor
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction and meet deadlines on tasks/projects
- Ability to utilize retail technology
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor and stockroom
- Previous experience in retail preferred
- Meets Gap Outlet's part time or full time availability guidelines
Providing our customers with an optimal shopping experience is our #1 priority. We work as a team. When not actively working at the cashwrap or assisting customers with their purchases and returns, team members are expected to perform a variety of cross-functional tasks including merchandising, recovery, fitting room, cleaning and additional tasks as assigned by store leadership or as needed to ensure overall customer satisfaction. This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties are listed is not significant.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top