Stock Associate - Bloor Street
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Stock Associate processes and standards are executed while ensuring a neat, clean and organized store. Stock Associates are responsible for creating a seamless Brand experience between back of house and the sales floor and are expected to perform a variety of cross-functional tasks as assigned by the Leader on Duty or as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Displays a "customer is the priority" mindset at all times
- Consistently treats all Gap customers and employees with respect and contributes to a positive work environment
- Accountable to contribute to the achievement of store goals and results
- Upholds the commitments to the company's processes, values and Code of Business Conduct
- Collaborates with store team to develop innovative solutions to business needs
- May flex between customer or support roles as needed by the business
- Meets or exceeds Company productivity standards for all operational processes: shipment processing, markdowns, merchandise signage, replenishment and recovery of sales floor and stockroom
- Executes Omni-Channel processes to ensure customer needs are met (i.e., SFS, RIS)
- Prepares and executes shipment assembly line tasks to company standard; flexes to all areas of the shipment line as needed
- Assists in executing merchandise flow and product placement
- Identifies and communicates opportunities while replenishing size specific quantities throughout the store in response to sell-through
- Performs audit and transfers of damaged and defective merchandise, completes re-tickets and charge sends
- Ensures neat, clean and organized areas throughout the stockroom and selling floor; performs all assigned cleaning duties
- Ensures unsold and/or returned merchandise is returned to the selling floor within established company standards
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, work with and around cleaning chemicals, and lift/carry up to 30lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities.
KEY BENEFITS :
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet.
- Company paid vacation, sick days, float and bereavement days
- Maternity leave top up.
- Employee retirement savings plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees eligible to receive health, dental, disability and life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Employee family assistance program.
*For eligible employees
The Canada benefits listed above do not constitute fundamental terms of the employment contract, and are subject to employee eligibility and employer discretion. The company reserves the right to amend or eliminate these benefits from time to time at its sole discretion.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top