Stock Analyst, Global Equity Administration, Gap Inc.
Gap Inc. is a leading global retailer offering clothing, accessories and personal care products for men, women and children under the Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta and Intermix brands. Gap Inc. products are available for purchase in more than 90 countries worldwide through about 3,300 company-operated stores, almost 400 franchise stores, and e-commerce sites.
The Stock Analyst position reports to the Manager Director of Global Equity Administration and will be located in San Francisco. It is part of the Global Equity Administration ("GEA") team within the Gap Inc. Legal department. The GEA team has primary responsibility for the administration of Gap Inc.'s equity-based compensation programs around the world.
GEA is a small but critically important team within Gap Inc. With our collaborative approach to work streams, the Stock Analyst will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience on many aspects of equity administration for one of the largest specialty apparel retailers in the world. We currently have approximately 3,500 equity award recipients in 13 countries.
- Process daily employee stock option exercises.
- Daily processing of terminations.
- Assist in processing RSU releases, and RSU and option grants.
- Prepare online grant agreements and send grant communications to employees, including notification and tracking of online award acceptances.
- Provide excellent customer service to employee inquiries on a wide variety of issues related to equity awards, including trading restrictions, insider status, and exercise and sale procedures.
- Update Support insider trading compliance program, including managing insider trading window communications.
- Monitor automated interface between Human Resources and Equity Edge databases, troubleshoot and resolve minor issues.
- Prepare monthly stock option reports and reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and year-end finance schedules.
- Maintain integrity of stock administration records and procedures manual.
- Support preparation and filing of Section 16 insider reporting (Forms 3, 4 and 5 filings).
- Run ad-hoc reports for internal business partners.
- Team and action oriented, dependable, with a strong work ethic.
- Strong customer service skills (e.g., ability to partner with cross-functional teams, including HR, tax, payroll, accounting and financial reporting).
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, with an ability to work and think independently.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of basic stock administration principles.
- 1-3 years of stock administration experience preferred.
- Proficiency with equity administration software (e.g., Equity Edge Online)preferred.
- Minimum Level I CEP preferred.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top