Staff Software Engineer - PT EDW
- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Gap Tech drives innovative retail, e-commerce and global enterprise technology for our headquarters operations and our five iconic brands across the world. We push boundaries. We challenge the status quo. Innovation sits at the core of everything we do. And we're not here just to execute; we're here to learn and grow. As individuals, we're passionate, diverse, innovative and wickedly talented. As a team, we're making amazing things happen in our offices, our stores and our communities. We are diversifying our talent globally and expanding our reach by opening a technology hub in Hyderabad, India. Growing over time, this center will become critical in enabling technology that powers Gap Inc. business globally.
Who you are
Major Job Responsibilities
- Manage day to day communication on priority issues reported by the Business Engagement team between customers, escalation, and engineering teams.
- Work on data restatements and bug fixes.
- 10+ years of experience in supporting large scale complex Datawarehouses having experience in trouble shooting complex data issues.
- 8+ years of experience in Teradata, associated utilities and DataStagealend.
- 2+ years of experience in handling support activities, especially incident tasks and complex RCA.
- 1-2 years of mentoring and guiding junior team members.
- Knowledge of incidents\itask handling through Servicenow.
- 1-2 years of experience in Unix environment and scheduling tool (CAWA).
- Able to multitask when several critical issues happen simultaneously.
- Experience in Support, retail domain is a plus.
- CS degree or equivalent education.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top