Staff Analyst - Real Estate Processes
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position is responsible for analyzing and reviewing landlord billed occupancy expenses for Gap Inc. Mexico and European and other stores, office and distribution center leases. This position will be responsible for validating and initiating Lease related payments for international locations. This position will work regularly with International business partners regarding lease related activities and payments to ensure proper and accurate payments for Rent and other landlord related charges. This position may work directly with Landlords in the resolution of lease related payments and payment disputes. This position requires working across multiple systems including TRIRIGA, Oracle, and internal homegrown Access Databases. This position will be required to work some off hours (Europe hours) and Spanish language and writing ability is a plus. This position regularly communicates and works to resolve issues and initiatives with several cross functional Real Estate business units such as Real Estate Law, Financial Forecasting, Internal and External Audit, and Lease Administration. This role is also responsible for helping to adhere to current procedures and identifying process improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possesses a Strong Working Knowledge of the Process and Procedures within the Lease Management areas to support the following processes:
- Reconciliation of Landlord based statements and other documentation to determine actual money owe/due.
- Position is responsible for adhering to International (Mexico / Europe) VAT standards and billing requirements.
- Establish good working relationship with internal and external business partners (Landlords, Accounts Payable, Store Brands, IT teams, etc.).
- Contribute insight and inputs to the monthly forecast process (including current and future months) including other long range forecast and budget deliverables.
- Support broader Real Estate Processes to ensure SOX key control compliance.
- Assess effectiveness of Real Estate Process reconciliation and work processes. Provide recommendations to leadership for improvements.
- Balance sheet reconciliation of General Ledger to Sub Ledger within a 10-day monthly soft close and 10-day quarterly hard close.
- Support to Achieve Objectives and Goals:
- Demonstrate accountability, ownership and flexibility to ensure team priorities can be met.
- Detail Orientated specifically to ensure payments are done timely and accurately to the lease and statuary requirements.
- Independently manage work-load efficiently and effectively
- Ensure compliance with all corporate initiatives and policies including SOX key control objectives, and record retention requirements.
- Open communication with greater team to share experiences, including discussing potential savings initiatives, strategies and approaches to resolve issues amicably with internal and external business partners.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Moderate communication with several levels of the organization. Occasional interaction with Director of RE Lease Accounting, Manager of RE Lease Accounting and other cross functional Manager and staff (Legal, Rent Occupancy & Depreciation, Accounting Support Teams, Property Tax & Business License, Acquire to Retire, Internal Audit and Control). Additionally, there may be interaction with several external business partners, including Landlord staff, 3rd party representatives, and external counsel and auditors.
4400 MASTHEAD ST.
1) Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Spanish Speaking Preferred
- Experience with VAT tax application, reporting and payment.
- Strong reading comprehension and lease interpretation skills partnered with the ability to perform a detailed, in-depth review of leasehold expenses and an understanding of accounting and finance principles. Strong financial analysis skills to assess and evaluate the accuracy of landlord billed occupancy costs
- Ability to clearly and concisely present objective audit findings with lease language supporting adjustments
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- The ability to communicate effectively and persuasively to all levels of the organization both verbally and written
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word skills (Pivot tables, VlookUps)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to obtain effective solutions
- Working knowledge of the Real Estate Processes
- Ability to take responsibility for and engage manager in managing career growth and skills development
- Understanding of Finance/Accounting principles to enable evaluation of the accuracy and appropriate posting of occupancy cost expenses in the company's financial statements
- Must be able to work variable hours to accommodate deadlines
- Must be flexible to manage projects and business initiatives in a high volume, risk, and visible environment
- Must be able to work under the pressure of deadlines and volume while maintaining control compliance
- Functional/Technical - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Dealing with Ambiguity & Decision Quality - Effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, and make good decisions.
- Informing - Provide timely accurate information and decision making on issues. Communicates effectively and persuasively to all levels of the organization both verbally and written.
- Time Management-Is able to self-manage and prioritize workload while attending to a broad range of activities.
Personal & Interpersonal:
- Approachable and open to feedback.
- Collaborates and partners with other team members & cross functional Business Partners.
Minimum Educational Level:
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or business related area or equivalent work experience. MBA a plus.
2-3 years Finance/Accounting experience in a Real Estate environment preferred
Possible local area travel between corporate headquarters and site
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top