Staff Analyst - Payables
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
In this role you will successfully add value to the team by utilizing your Access/SQL knowledge to create new databases or improve existing ones. We are looking for someone to hit the ground running with automating our day-to-day activities. You will also be the teams go-to database person as we replace our payables system and will support requests for new queries and reporting. To be successful in this role you will need to collaborate and share ideas with team members to ensure the tools you are building will meet their needs.
Be the go to person for all Access/SQL database issues and continuously work towards improving current database structures.
What you'll do
- Be the go to person for all Access/SQL database issues and continuously work towards improving current database structures
- Gain an understanding of the tasks your team members are performing and be prepared to discuss your ideas on how to automate
- Build databases/querieseports with accuracy and completeness
- Provide complete documentation and how to use guides of the processes that have been automated
- Adhere to all established deadlines and deliverables
- Alert team/manager when issues arise
- Assist team members with other reporting needs as needed - running GL queries, Account queries out of Oracle/OBIEE
Who you are
- Required - Advanced skillset in Microsoft Access, Excel and SQL
- Accounting and Data System Experience - preferred Monarch, Oracle, OBIEE, PowerBI
- 1-3 years of experience in a financial environment working with large sets of data and ability to automate processes based on teams needs
- Ideal candidate is a critical thinker who uses logic to solve problems and create effective solutions
- Ability to present complex information and ideas to team members and managers in a way that promotes understanding
- Ability to listen and understand the needs of the team and perform with accuracy within allotted timeframes
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top