Staff Analyst, Other Store Expenses (OSE), Finance - Old Navy
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
The Staff Analyst of Other Store Expenses is a key member of the Old Navy Field Finance team and manages all expenses for Other Store Expense accounts. They will work cross-functionally with Store Operations, Corporate Shared Services & Suppliers. Oversees and manages the forecast, monthly close, annual budget, and long range planning processes for all Other Store Expense accounts.
- Develop and manage annual financial budgets working collaboratively to gain cross-functional consensus with business partners
- Manage monthly financial forecasts that accurately predict business performance, highlighting key issues and performing variance analyses
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget and prior year expenses
- Work with business partners and Corporate Shared Services to complete all monthly and quarter end deliverables, ensuring completeness of accruals
- Manage monthly financial close process and deliver accurate financial results, including comprehensive analysis of key expense items
- Manage forecast and reporting tools and identify process improvements
- Support business partners with ad hoc requests
- Work closely with business partners to understand business flow and key drivers that impact line items
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum 1-2 years of finance experience.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting concepts, including basic framework of the Profit & Loss Statement. Retail Finance knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Proven analytical ability and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations to upper management
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Word
- Knowledge of Oracle financial systems and Hyperion Essbase a plus
- Team player with a positive attitude who is flexible and can deal with ambiguity
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top