Staff Analyst, NA Gap Commercial Finance
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands.
Today we're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco.
Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focused attention to thoughtful design. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, to be active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world. Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead.
We stand for freedom and possibility for all; we champion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders.
So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world a little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver timely and accurate payroll reporting for NA stores, Specialty and Outlet
- Deliver timely and accurate FIP reporting
- Support the monthly close process, ensuring proper accounting, in accordance with GAAP and Gap Inc policies.
- Support research and analysis of monthly variances to budget, forecast, and prior year. Identify and drive any required any action items for follow-up.
- Proactively explore and implement ways to improve the accuracy and efficiency of existing processes and reporting
- Support analysis and reporting across the team, and across Global Commercial Finance where leverage opportunities exist
55 THOMAS STREET
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; MBA or CPA a plus
- Minimum 3 years of work experience, preferably in financial analysis with a strong knowledge of financial/accounting principles and theory
- Expert in Excel functionality, including Vlookup, Pivot Tables, Macros, etc.
- Strong in PowerPoint. Experience with Hyperion Essbase and Microsoft Access is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership. Proven results of delivering to high standards of accuracy and customer service.
- Team player with a positive attitude; Ability to build strong working relationships and influence partners across organizations
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to handle confidential data with maturity and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top