Staff Analyst - NA Gap Commercial Finance
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the weekly labor allocation process by providing sales and lever forecasts at the store level.
• Manage Store Payroll & Benefits for the Gap Specialty North America fleet & support monthly financial forecast/close processes including identifying and communicating risks and opportunities.
• Develop the annual budget for Store Payroll & Benefits which aligns with FP&A targets and incorporates input from key business partners.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with business partners including Operations, IT, Inventory Management, Company Planning, Store Planning, and the entire field organization.
• Deliver timely and accurate payroll reporting for NA stores, Specialty and Outlet.
• Support analysis and reporting across the team, and across Global Commercial Finance where leverage opportunities exist.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; MBA or CPA a plus
• 1-3 years of experience, preferably in financial analysis with a strong knowledge of financial/accounting principles and theory; retail knowledge is a plus
• Demonstrated track record as an exemplary problem-solver and strategic thinker
- Able to quickly identify/frame key issues and develop hypotheses
- Able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments
- Economic and financial modeling skills, with ability to work with large, complex data sources
- Process improvement background and aptitude
- Ability to work in the details without losing sight of the big picture
- Business acumen related to consumer-facing businesses and ability to assess impact of decisions on overall business performance
• Able to transform quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations and communicate them in a compelling way
• Self-motivated: strong work ethic, follow-through and accountability for results
• Co mfortable with ambiguity; can confidently articulate a point of view but also highlight the risks and opportunities
• Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization
• Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Essbase strongly preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top