Staff Analyst Financial Reconciliation
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Assist with the management and proper accounting of inventory business initiatives that affect a broad area of departments across the organization as they relate to financial inventory. Actively participates in fiscal closes and departmental projects. Identifies and recommends on-going opportunities for improvement and changes across departments
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Thorough understanding of corporate inventory systems and their impact to the General Ledger.
• Supports the fiscal closing process in accordance with GAAP
• Prepares and analyzes financial entries for validity.
• Supports/Manages several accrual processes from an inventory perspective.
• Provides ad hoc analysis.
• Present conclusions and recommendations to various levels of management.
• Manages the monthly reconciliation process and acts as an Inventory Control contact for reconciling inventory balance sheet accounts.
• Provides appropriate journal entry support for corporate reporting.
• Supports business partners in problem solving and timely resolution of issues
• Provides customer service to divisional and corporate business partners
• Provides ad hoc reporting for corporate and divisional business partners
• Accountable for maintaining excellent customer service and meeting department commitments
Promote Operational Excellence
• Provides lessons learned and best practices across divisions
Internal customers include but are not limited to Company Planning, Merchandising, Distribution, Divisional Finance, Corporate Reporting, and various teams across the CSSC. Responsible for communicating inventory issues and results and providing assistance with problem solving and process management.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Thorough working knowledge of accounting principles and demonstrated accounting skills
• Must have intermediate to advanced Excel skills
• Thorough knowledge of financial and operational accounting systems, ability to work with and manipulate data bases. Access and Visual Basic experience preferred
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• General Ledger experience; Oracle experience a plus
• Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
• Experience establishing best practices
Minimum educational level:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• 2-4 years previous experience in a Corporate Accounting or Finance environment
• Previous experience in Inventory Control is a plus
• Previous Retail Industry experience is a plus
• Some travel required
• Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment; Demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills; Chooses appropriate tools or technology for tasks; Experiments with new processes, tools or technologies to determine applicability; Has the capability and knowledge base to share technical skills with others.
• Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; Values time; Concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; Gets more done in less time than others; Can attend to a broad range of activities.
• Action Oriented: Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/see as challenging; Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; Seizes more opportunities than others.
• Written Communication: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
• Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to; Spends the extra effort to put others at ease; Can be warm, pleasant and gracious; Is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; Builds rapport well; Is a good listener; Is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top