Staff Analyst - Field Finance
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Publish monthly dashboard and P&L creation for Banana Republic and Banana Republic Factory Stores, Districts, and Regions
- Generate weekly hindsight reporting with a high level of accuracy
- Support Banana Republic fleet with store level budget reports annually
- Effectively manage expenses and own development and communication of monthly Other Store Expense (OSE) financial forecasts and close for Banana Republic Factory channel that accurately predict business performance and highlight key issues for management
- Provide business partners with ongoing financial insight into operational efficiencies; assess and communicate spending reduction opportunities; share early identification of problem areas and relevant reporting as appropriate.
- Develop the annual budget for BRFS OSE that meet all FP&A requirements, are aligned with BR strategies and incorporate recommendations from key business partners.
- Develop value-add cross-divisional and cross-functional partnerships to maintain awareness of business activities and leverage knowledge and best practices
- Analyze business and develop solutions to improve forecast accuracy and efficiency
- Present findings to key business partners to raise awareness of issues and influence decision-making
Minimum Qualifications are:
- BA in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Must have the ability to synthesize large amounts of data into a cohesive framework
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Energy and enthusiasm to drive results with a team-oriented approach
- Passion for retail and the stores environment
- Ability to work independently and/or collaboratively with other groups, as necessary
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing and fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Excel; Hyperion Essbase experience and VBA proficiency a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top