Staff Analyst - Corporate FP&A
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Play a key role on the corporate finance team to support executive decision making and communication to the board of directors. Assist team in projecting company performance and identifying key business trends to support senior management. This role offers the opportunity to influence major strategic decisions by analyzing and creating supporting materials for presentations to key stakeholders, including the board of directors. Additionally, this role is unique in that it is focused on forward-looking projections and offers the opportunity to impact all three financial statements across all brands and functions in the Gap Inc. portfolio.
- Prepare monthly financial reports to Gap Inc. management and ensuring reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparation of presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made.
- Deliver accurate financial results, including comprehensive analysis of key expenses during the budget, forecast and close processes.
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget and prior year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain Essbase database containing actual, forecast and budget data to ensure accurate reporting of financial data.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- Provide ad-hoc reports and analysis as needed
- Bachelor's degree; a plus if in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Minimum 2 years of related business experience
- General knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles
- Interpersonal and communication skills with ability to interact with various management levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills, Hyperion Essbase experience a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top