Staff Accountant/Analyst - Revenue Reporting & Analytics
This position is the individual contributor staff analyst on the Revenue Reporting and Analytics team that provides forecast and budget guidance of sales related expenses to the Brands. The role will involve the data management for all revenue related data and collaborating with Business Partners (BP's) to identify solutions that allow the Brands to pursue new initiatives while adhering to established accounting operations. Additionally, this position will involve participation in various other analytical and financial projects, as requested by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all monthly reporting requirements and analysis and ensure deadlines are met.
- Prepare and maintain the forecast and budget for tender related expense accounts and make sure to capture the impacts from changing business strategy.
- Summarize results of analysis; draw links with business processes, present results in a logical manner.
- Perform various analytical and reporting tasks for Revenue Accounting, which include general ledger booking for specific balance sheet and profit and loss accounts.
- Prepare and maintain databases and presentations used to support operations and evaluate business initiatives.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding and Revenue Accounting. Use that knowledge to assist in reporting, identifying improvements, and supporting strategic initiatives.
- Develop subject matter expertise within the team in the areas of tender fees, private label credit card liability, sales returns allowance, and Gift Cards in order to provide accounting guidance and support to the Brands and Corporate BP's.
- Participate in monthly forecast vs. actual reviews with management and cross functional teams, and prepare monthly reporting to support various brand finance teams.
- Take responsibility for, and engage manager in, managing career growth and skills development.
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests from business partners and support special projects in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with team members and/or work independently to ensure deliverables are provided accurately and on time.
- Act as liaison and support team by establishing relationships and working with other business partners (both internal and external) to identify common issues and ideas for solutions and ensure customer satisfaction.
4400 MASTHEAD ST.
- Ideal candidate is a critical thinker, able to analyze and explain fluctuations and variances in data, in order to support the business.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and Access ability required.
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with experience in developing and maintaining effective business partner relationships at various levels of the organization.
- Experience using database/reporting applications such as Oracle, MS Access, Monarch, etc.
- Ability to perform analysis on financial data and derive meaningful conclusions with the support of the supervisor, and independently.
- Ability to act cooperatively within team and cross-functional processing environments.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role using analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or business related area, or previous applicable experience
Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment; Demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills; Chooses appropriate tools or technology for tasks; Experiments with new processes, tools or technologies to determine applicability; Has the capability and knowledge base to share technical skills with others.
Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; Values time; Concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; Gets more done in less time than others; Can attend to a broad range of activities. Is able to meet deadlines.
Written and Verbal Communication: Is able to write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Self Development – Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; Understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; Works to deploy strengths; Works on compensating for weakness and limits.
Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Back to top