Sr. Talent Development Business Partner – Athleta
Athleta is creating a new breed of premium, authentically active and fashion-fueled apparel for a life in motion. Our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy confident girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - and, of course, being a part of something bigger. At Athleta we're always reaching for amazing - and that challenge is what fuels us!
Power of She
At Athleta, we are Talent Obsessed and we believe that talent is our competitive advantage. We strive to unleash the potential of individuals and teams to unlock performance and we operate with a growth mindset, the belief that everyone can continuously learn and grow.
The Sr. Talent Development Business Partner is responsible for delivering talent development strategies and the supporting programs, tools and resources to drive results aligned with Athleta's strategic objectives, talent strategy and employee value proposition. The ideal candidate for this role is a curious innovator, an experienced change leader, high achiever and "strategic doer" who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth brand and has the desire and skills to deliver results on their own and through others. This individual will bring a forward-thinking and innovative approach to cultivate personalized, self-sustaining talent and learning approaches that fuel a culture of continuous growth.
This position reports to the Director of Talent Development and will actively partner with our Business and HR Leaders across the brand and Gap Inc. Talent Management and L&D teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a strategic business partner to understand current and future talent and business needs and develop aligned talent development strategies.
- Assess organizational and employee talent development needs. Design and manage programs, processes and systems to enhance organizational effectiveness, leadership development, performance management, team development and individual capabilities.
- Leverage change management experience and tools, needs assessments, employee culture and engagement data, succession and talent data / metrics, goal setting, development planning, etc. to partner with the HR leadership team to craft solutions that enhance organizational and people capabilities.
- Ability to collaborate, influence and develop strong partnerships with cross functional teams to ensure successful and sustainable programs and initiatives.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and Brand Leaders to assess leadership/functional competency gaps by level and drive focus, development plans and experiences that sustainably impact leadership development, functional skills and internal career progression.
- Manage complex development projects to ensure timelines, milestones and deliverables are met in accordance with project plan.
- Manage vendor relationships and the work of multiple vendors and subject-matter experts as needed to achieve objectives.
- Build and integrate holistic development approaches that sustain learning and help fuel a learning culture / growth mindset.
- Design and facilitate team building, talent development sessions and other team development activities.
- Establish plans, systems processes and procedures to support and implement key priorities for organization and talent development initiatives.
- Manage and report key success metrics for organization and talent development projects and initiatives.
- Participate in and provide Athleta Talent Development voice to the Gap Inc. TM / L&D community of practice. Influence key decisions on talent and learning initiatives, programs, tools, processes and resources.
- Utilize best practices in talent development to perform needs assessment, define solution objectives, design and develop relevant learning and talent solutions and measure results within target audiences, including HQ and Field employees.
ONE HARRISON STREET
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Change Leadership: Has a track record of leading change in a dynamic high-growth organization. Possesses a strong orientation for action, the ability to build relationships, lead others and share knowledge.
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Uses business acumen to inform talent discussions, program development and recommendations.
- Strategic Orientation: Helps others understand and retain focus of the organization's vision and objectives so they can translate them into challenging and meaningful goals. Anticipates opportunities and pitfalls in potential paths, investments and strategies and sets their course wisely.
- Collaboration & Influencing: Proven ability to interact with and influence senior leaders; provides others with a definite sense of direction and purpose; skilled at communicating insights and understanding of issues or problems; possesses excellent presentation, facilitation, communication and listening skills. Can get to root cause and help identify the fundamental issues and opportunities.
- Customer Impact: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; uses customer information for improvements; acts with customer in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect. Strong interpersonal skills – able to build successful partnerships.
- Drives Results: Does everything possible to achieve goals; follows through on objectives to ensure successful completion; takes responsibility and owns decisions that are made; asks challenging questions of others and hold them accountable for delivering business success; acts with speed, conviction and sense of urgency to achieve critical priorities; takes calculated risks and makes decisions in ambiguity and is willing to bear the consequences of unpopular decisions or outcomes.
- Technical and Functional Skills - Expertise in talent development best practices, innovative approaches to applying adult learning theories, solution design, program evaluation and learning technologies.
- 8 – 10 years of experience in Talent Development (at least 3 in management) required, with supplemental experience in HR or other business functions preferred. Accomplishments in individual contributor and leadership roles that demonstrate ability to develop and execute strategic talent initiatives.
- 5+ years of project management experience; excellent project management, prioritization and planning skills
- Significant experience applying coaching skills; coaching certification preferred.
- Expert facilitation skills
- Vendor relationship management and internal/external partner management
- Ability to leverage external networks and to do work through others (vendors, partners, and business leaders).
- Intermediate knowledge of leadership development, succession planning, change management, management training, executive education, performance management strategies and programs.
- Ability to use MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook with strong proficiency in PowerPoint. Ability to design solutions in Adobe Creative Suite applications is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced certifications or degree in related discipline preferred.
- Certification in multiple coaching tools and assessments (Lominger 360, Egon Zenger, Situational Leadership, MBTI, Stand Out, etc.) preferred.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top