Sr. Staff Software Engineer- Product Information Management
- Pleasanton, CA
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
At Gap Inc., we are passionate about creating and delivering quality software by utilizing Agile and DevOps best practices. We are creating Cloud-based solutions using Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming, and story-based iterative development. In this role, you will have key responsibilities for designing, enhancing, scaling and optimizing the Stibo Product Information Management system powering one of the most trafficked e-commerce sites on the Internet!
We are looking for imaginative individuals experienced with cutting-edge server technologies, and state-of-the-art Engineering and DevOps practices powering commerce systems at scale.
What you'll do
- Lead the development team in successfully delivering the Stibo PIM solution
- Partner with Product Managers, Solution Architects and your Engineering peers to define, analyze, estimate levels of effort to deliver at-scale solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Gain an extensive understanding of key dependencies with external and internal teams to collaborate on cross-functional initiatives.
- Design, develop and operationalize services to meet business / functional requirements.
- Embrace and implement best-in-class DevOps practices with end-to-end "design, build and run" responsibilities with the aim of operating a low-touch Production environment.
- Responsible for a medium to large-sized functional area, or a significant component of a functional area
- Develop high-quality code using standards-based solutions, drive adoption via mentoring and guiding others
- 8+ years of software development experience preferably with high volume E-Commerce or online Retail services.
- Expertise in implementing Stibo STEP PIM solutions with hands-on design, development and configuration experience
- Proficient with Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Kafka, Microservices and exposure to standard API based design and API gateways.
- Experience with running workloads on Public Clouds such as AWS, Azure, or GCP, with experience with container-based technologies like Docker and Cloud Foundry.
- Prior experience working with Continuous Integration and deployment in a DevOps oriented product development environment with familiarity with Jenkins, Splunk, New Relic and Pager Duty.
- Well versed with system and technical design principles, performant coding practices ensuring security requirements are not compromised for functionality and/or performance
- Demonstrated ability to simplify a complex solution into discrete components to parallelize development efforts reducing the overall time to market
- Experience with laying out a go-live plan at the conceptual stage, analyzing the pros and cons of multiple options.
- Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top