Sr Staff Engineer - Java Technical Manager (IC Role)
- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
- Works closely with Technical Manager, Product manager and Scrum Master to balance product architecture and delivery timeline
- Design, implement and launch highly-visible features for our retail platform using Test/Behavior Driven Development practices and also support the operations of the product in production for the life cycle.
- Owns end-to-end quality of their product(s) jointly with PdM and TM
- Code reviews for changes or additions to their products
- Owns on-time delivery of team commitments
- Champion code and build quality with "hands-free" production deploy
- Defines the architecture for their product(s) & drives continuous technical improvement at the product team level
- Analysis, design and communication of appropriate patterns and solutions, collaboration with Product -Architects and PdM for strategic planning at product level
- Owns and maintains technical roadmaps for their product(s), especially with regard to product consolidation, EOL, etc.
- Ensures their designs are consistent with the expectations of Enterprise Architecture
- (owns the software architecture description and documentation and review of these by relevant Platform Architects and ARB)
- Ensures non-functional requirements are considered and addressed when designing solutions
- Owns and maintains Context Diagrams and other appropriate documentation for their product(s)
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrixed environment
- Ensures that metrics used to measure their product(s) health are produced, reviewed and understood (SLAs, defects, performance metrics, APM, etc.)
- Represents the product team in interactions with other product teams, especially design and review of interfaces and contracts
- Represents the product team in Change and Release Management meetings
- Acts as a cureer builder for developers
- Provides feedback to TM on skills, succession and strategic planning
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science
- 11+ years of Software Development experience, primarily with Java
- Strong experience with Agile development methodologies like Scrum, XP and Kanban
- Experience with any Public Cloud services.
- Extensive experience with Java - Collections, String handling, Multi-threading, Exception handling, Generics and Synchronization. Java 8 experience is highly desired
- Expert, hands-on experience on Struts MVC and Spring (Core/IOC, MVC, JDBC, ORM)
- Good understanding of Design Patterns and hands on experience in designing software solutions
- Frameworks like Spring integration / Apache Camel or Kafka is desired
- Asynchronous messaging patterns like IBM MQ or Rabbit MQ
- Domain Driven Design, TDD and Unit testing frameworks like Junit and Mockito
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Relational DBs and proficiency in writing optimal DB queries
- Logging frameworks/tools like Log4J and Splunk
- Caching technologies (Memcache, Redis)
- Proficient in standardization and maintenance of code quality measures with the help of tools like Sonar
- Good understanding of security aspects of applications OAuth, SSO, LDAP)
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top