Sr. PR and Event Specialist
- Actively develops strategy/ demonstrates strategic thinking in building annual plans and timelines throughout the year
- Works with Marketing Director to create strategic annual PR calendar highlighting agreed seasonal product stories and hero pieces
- Manages PR agency and full teams in that regard
- Shows creative thinking and actively seek and execute ideas that build brand credibility and drive sales
- Manages relations with trend/fashion/lifestyle media, keeping Gap &ON top of mind by proactively inviting media to showroom, and selecting/providing pieces from collection for media stories
- Maintains regular contact with Greater China trend/fashion/lifestyle media to ensure that Gap appears in every relevant story and is front of mind when product is selected
- Rich experience with KOL planning and management
- Works with media to select samples for key fashion stories, overseeing all call-ins to senior editors
- Outlines pitch strategy/ target publication and then drive editorial in these areas on a regular basis
- Manages seasonal shows, providing input to creative execution and managing budget
- Creates and manages compelling seasonal press days in China - that support marketing messages and drive seasonal focus
- Works with merchant and product design to ensure press previews are timely to avoid missing editorial opportunities and on time for seasonal press gift mailing
- Creates and manages press database and mailings
- Manages showroom
- Manages press events
- Partners with Head of Marketing and HQ and local Corporate Communications and external agencies to proactively pitch major brand news stories (print and broadcast), helping to prepare spokespeople and source relevant artwork
- Oversees media relations, identifying opportunities and sharing best practices.
- Develops strong cross functional relationships - influence and leverage PR successes across organization
- Supports Marketing Director in corporate external messaging - develop strong relationship with HQ PR dept in SF
- Aggressively manages budgets on all PR activities whilst maintaining high standards
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Initiative: Ability to independently identify and capitalize on business opportunities, an agile self-starter, results-orientated, and able to deal with ambiguity
- Project management: able to work and deliver quality outcomes against set timelines
- Communication: Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Creativity: Ability to identify/concept creative ideas that drive results
- Detail: An impeccable eye for detail
- Consumer Insight: Ability to be the "voice of the consumer".
- Brand: An understanding of Brands (including aesthetic and taste level).
- Relationship building: Proven experience and ability to work cross-functionally, especially with Creative organizations. Able to develop and maintain different kinds of relationships.
- Cultural: An ability to interact with people in different cultures in a way that promotes understanding, and is respectful and effective.
- Language: Fluent English writing and speaking level. Chinese (mandarin) language and/or knowledge of Chinese culture and consumer behavior would be highly advantageous.
2) Minimum Education Level: Bachelors degree.
3) Experience Required
3+ years of PR & Event management in Apparel, Fashion, or Retail industries
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top