Sr. Network Engineer - Data Center
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We are looking for a Network Engineer in our Data Center domain who will have direct responsibility for performing Subject Matter Expert (SME) duties for Gap Inc's Network Engineering and Operations deliverables. You'll be able to handle multiple, complex, long term projects simultaneously along with being an escalation point of contact for various operating teams. You'll collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to share our goals that positively impact our Data Center Network engineering and operations functions.
What you'll do
- Leverage your experience and understanding of the following Data Center technologies: Next-gen data center architecture, software defined network, cloud, wan backbone design
- Lead and apply protocol experience in one or more of BGP, MPLS, VPLS, ISIS or similar routing protocols - understanding of typical configurations and performance
- Utilize your extensive experience on layer 2 protocols like VTP, VLAN, HSRP, VRRP, Fabric path, 802.1X, 802.1[d|s|w]
- Be hands on with wan optimization, dns, dhcp, load balancers, ntp technologies
- Employ your knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g Python, Perl)
- Demonstrate proficient understanding of network administration, development and monitoring software
- Partner with and influence key cross-functional partners to deliver on company/department objectives.
Who you are
- BS/BA Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or experience. Generally, has 8+ years of experience in Information Technology.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and IPv4
- Extensive experience of Layer 2 Technology, STP, VTP, Layer 2 VLAN, IGMP, Etherchannel, VSS, 802.1q trunking LAN Switching and WLAN
- Proven experience of Layer 3 Technology, OSFP, BGP, EIGRP, QoS, VRF, HSRP/GLBP, NAC, and multicast
- Advanced knowledge of Wireless Technology, Enterprise 802.11 wireless, CAPWAP, FlexConnect
- Knowledge of Security Technology, IPSEC VPN, SSL VPN, TACACS, NAT
- Proficient knowledge of WAN Technologies, Dedicated Circuit, Layer2 / Layer3 MPLS, WAN Optimization, SD-WAN
- Excellent written, communication and documentation skills. Possess creative problem-solving abilities
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top