Sr. Merchandiser / Merchandiser - Yarn Research & Development
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point.Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Sr. Merchandiser/ Merchandiser will report to the MM and will be a key player in execution of material management and yarn sourcing strategy. The role w
ould also be responsible for generating market intelligence data and presentations on the market trends and pricing.
The role will provide expertise and support to the category team relating to the existing and future mill base. The role requires a strong yarn sourcing background and sweater knowledge and the proven ability to build and sustain relationships with the mills in region.
- Works with yarn mills on development
- Manages yarn price
and development tracking development sample yardage order
- Following up with mill on system-updates and generate the report
- Execution of yarn sourcing strategy
- Partners with brand R&D and mills to develop innovative, sustainable and quality product
- Raw material Testing, Partners with PD management, QA and technical teams and support to yarn or quality issues solving
- Resolves issues within a timely manner while working to continuously improve and create internal and external processes and procedures
- Support on board new mills and mill migration
Who you are
- Fabric Sourcing Knowledge - Experience in fabric development with exposure to large-sized buying office or mills.
- Business Acumen - Experience in execution of fabric sourcing strategy
- Collaboration - Proven ability to communicate and works well with others
- Experimentation - Flexible mindset to present and provide options
- Problem Solver - Demonstrated ability to solve or appropriately escalate challenges
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top