Sr. Merchandiser - Athleta
Athleta is creating a new breed of premium, authentically active and fashion-fueled apparel for a life in motion. Our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy confident girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - and, of course, being a part of something bigger. At Athleta we're always reaching for amazing - and that challenge is what fuels us!
Power of She
Develop and gain approval for Division/Category/Department seasonal strategies and prioritize tasks to support and drive Division strategies and financial targets. Be able to manage large scope, multiple cross functional responsibilities and drive retail, catalog and website.
- Partner with cross-functional team members to develop Division key concepts, key items, and assortment to ensure that the collection is commercially viable and provides an exciting customer experience.
- Ability to put assortment together cross channel and drive retail strategy/flow, website & catalog.
- Partner closely with divisional cross functional team to do thing with less – collaborate, make decisions and learn.
- Assort/rank all styles within the Division based on competition, strategy and current product performance (when applicable).
- Build and drive key categories and items. Push for innovation. Take risk, test and learn!
- Think launch and growth. Find ways to establish key businesses and identify opportunities each season.
- Gain approval for the Department's seasonal investments and quarterly financial plans.
- Validate costing and placement strategies with Production.
- Formulate Department pricing strategies.
- Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information.
- Change future Department strategies in-season where needed and provide appropriate and timely direction to the cross-functional team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends. Be Nimble and Quick!
- Communicate seasonal Department strategies to key functional areas in order to focus the team towards a common goal.
- Actively listen to all members of the cross-functional team to ensure that innovative ideas are surfaced and acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business.
- Build strategies for future growth – stores, Ecomm, catalog, social. Partner closely with cross functional team to establish.
ONE HARRISON STREET
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5-7 years of retail merchandising experience & 1-3 years of management experience.
- Ability to transport, maneuver and visually evaluate merchandise.
- Ability to be scrappy, nimble and entreprenuerial
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Business Driver – Driving the business is as exciting as the product; proven track record of effectively "valuing" product in terms of potential revenue and potential commercial viability
- Customer Focus- Establishes a relationship with customers to glean first-hand information that will enhance their experience and our products and services
- Strategic Agility- Ability to anticipate and articulate future trends and respond with competitive strategies.
- Passion and Eye for Product- Fascinated and excited by all aspects of product; desires to learn about- and become an expert in retailing.
- Interpersonal Savvy- demonstrates curiosity and respect for the role partners play in the business and leverages their expertise in making business decisions; can find common ground and solve problems in a balanced manner that gains the trust and support of cross-functional peers and partners.
- Problem Solving- uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems; probes all sources, looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers when solving problems.
- Learning on the Fly- Learns quickly when facing new problems; can anticipate and effective respond to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement.
- Organizing and Priority Setting; effectively manages team so time is spent on what is important
- Communication: Can effectively communicate and inspire others to follow an informed direction and implement change.
- Developing Direct Report and Others: Proven track record of investing time in the development of others. Can comfortably and effectively direct, challenge and guide team members to meet their business and career goals
- Listening: Practices attentive listening; values the input of cross functional partners and team members
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top