Sr. Manager, Product Development - Men's Sweaters - Banana Republic
WHO WE ARE:
Banana Republic is a globalapparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused ondelivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style thatendures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity andseek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe inseeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making ityour own. We live with style.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Senior Manager of Product Developmentsupports and enables the product line creation by partnering cross-functionallyto communicate, and execute to merchandise strategies and financial targets.They work closely with local teams in New York as well as Sourcing and ProductDevelopment partners in Asia to deliver on product design and brand aestheticwhile effectively managing average unit cost.
- Implement and execute category product development strategies that align with global sourcing and vendor strategies.
- Understand product development implications on merchandising and design-driven product decisions based on category or vendor strategies and nuances.
- Leverage technical knowledge and leadership support to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach.
- Drive communication between brand teams and Asia-based product teams to ensure strategic business alignment and optimal responsiveness.
- Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to execute supporting strategies.
- Work with leadership to communicate upfront Brand costing and strategy goals to Category Sourcing teams.
- Understand and work with cross-functional teams to provide costing guidance to ensure financial targets are met.
- Manage development metrics set for global brand.
- Manage seasonal and monthly booking processes, in addition to supporting in-season product management.
- Drive responsive strategies by working cross-functionally to identify fabrics for rapid response and test and respond.
- Drive fabric strategies by developing product to meet fabric expectations and providing recommendations on fabrics to platform, position, and leverage.
55 THOMAS STREET
- GlobalProduct Development- strong experience in driving global product developmentand understands design, merchandising, and vendor/category management
- ProblemSolver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiplechallenges.
- GlobalBusiness Acumen- experience executing on multi-year operational goals,incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol,product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction,and retail math.
- TeamLeadership- experience managing direct reports, and some experience managing aglobal team (direct and dotted line relationships)
- Collaboration-Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrixenvironment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- PersonalLeadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, andcollaboration across a leadership team.
- ChangeLeadership- experience leading with and without authority to influence othersand drive decision making.
- LearningAgility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
- Resourcefulness-experience in managing dynamic projects that require the ability to flex asobstacles are presented.
- TalentBuilder- proven track record of assessing, attracting, developingbest-in-industry teams.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Back to top