Sr. Manager, Product Development - Men's Suiting & Outerwear - Banana Republic
WHO WE ARE: Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories verticalspecialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporaryclassics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those whosee every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of everymoment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a littledifferently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. Welive with style. GENERAL SUMMARY: TheSenior Manager of Product Development supports and enables the product linecreation by partnering cross-functionally to communicate, and execute tomerchandise strategies and financial targets. They work closely with localteams in New York as well as Sourcing and Product Development partners in Asiato deliver on product design and brand aesthetic while effectively managingaverage unit cost. Implement and execute category product developmentstrategies that align with global sourcing and vendorstrategies. Understand product development implications on merchandising and design-driven product decisionsbased on category or vendor strategies and nuances. Leverage technical knowledge and leadership support to troubleshoot and resolveissues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach. Drive communication between brand teams and Asia-based product teamsto ensure strategic business alignment and optimal responsiveness. Understanddivisional and cross-functional goals andwork with team to execute supporting strategies. Workwith leadership to communicate upfrontBrand costing and strategy goals to Category Sourcing teams. Understandand work with cross-functional teams to providecosting guidance to ensure financial targets are met. Manage development metrics set for global brand. Manage seasonal and monthlybooking processes, inaddition to supporting in-season product management. Drive responsive strategies by workingcross-functionally to identify fabrics for rapid response and test and respond. Drive fabric strategies by developing product tomeet fabric expectations and providing recommendations on fabrics to platform,position, and leverage.
- GlobalProduct Development- strong experience in driving global product developmentand understands design, merchandising, and vendor/category management
- ProblemSolver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiplechallenges.
- GlobalBusiness Acumen- experience executing on multi-year operational goals,incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol,product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction,and retail math.
- TeamLeadership- experience managing direct reports, and some experience managing aglobal team (direct and dotted line relationships)
- Collaboration-Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrixenvironment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- PersonalLeadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, andcollaboration across a leadership team.
- ChangeLeadership- experience leading with and without authority to influence othersand drive decision making.
- LearningAgility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
- Resourcefulness-experience in managing dynamic projects that require the ability to flex asobstacles are presented.
- TalentBuilder- proven track record of assessing, attracting, developingbest-in-industry teams.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top