Sr. Manager, Inventory - Product Management
- San Francisco, CA
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Product Management team at Gap Inc is responsible for creating best in class systems - from digital shopping experiences to inventory optimization algorithms. This is the team that ideates, executes, and delivers technology for Gap Inc.'s portfolio of specialty apparel brands; Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, Banana Republic Factory and Intermix. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands. We partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
Senior Manager, Product Management will lead in optimizing the Company's Platforms. As our product offerings continue to expand, we are building new infrastructure to scale with our business's growing complexities. In this role, you'll own the strategy, product roadmap, and business outcomes for the product team creating the infrastructure for our company to grow. The role requires a strong product mindset; a combination of business savvy, customer centricity, and technical knowledge. We are looking for experienced Senior product managers with an inquisitive nature and an inherent love for retail products.
What you'll do
- Partner with a team of front-end and back-end engineers to scale software products; establish a strategy to improve product performance through new architectural approaches and monitoring tools
- Own the product roadmap from the implementation of new systems to maintenance of existing systems across third-party integrations and internal builds
- Ensure strong measurement and quantitative understanding of services - opportunities, benefits achieved customer pain points. Conducts analysis to measure the results of feature deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact, and identify further business opportunities
- Will be the key authority and point of contact for cross-functional teams during the lifecycle of product development of areas of ownership; helps groom and provide guidance to other passionate product managers in the team.
- Works with business and other Product teams to develop or modify processes, supporting post-launch change management efforts as needed and also to maintain the overall good health of the product
- Manages multiple, concurrent projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery Delivers software incrementally, on schedule, and within budget.
- Identifies new opportunities and develop technology solutions that drive value for Gap Inc., including gathering input from our customers and internal and external sources, Justifying and prioritizing roadmaps, development initiatives and expenditures, Analyzing competitors and market trends, Evaluating new technologies
- Strong understanding of Inventory Management practices and metrics
- 8+ years of experience designing, developing, and implementing API / platform products, ideally for a consumer-centric technology company.
- Demonstrated technical acumen; ability to influence and debate solutions with technical team members, to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs, and to represent technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Data-driven mindset and track record of owning, managing, and optimizing KPI's; Demonstrated leadership of direct and/or indirect teams.
- Ability to work independently with "make it happen" attitude; able to successfully operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; self-starter and quick learner; calm and efficient under pressure
- Be versatile and be able to prioritize/handle multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment with tough deadlines
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented; proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; Experience with Agile, Lean or other iterative development processes
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top