Sr. Manager, FP&A and Control - Athleta
Athleta is creating a new breed of premium, authentically active and fashion-fueled apparel for a life in motion. We connect with women athletes through a unique multi-faceted brand experience that helps her look, feel and be her most amazing. We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - and, of course, being a part of something bigger. At Athleta we're always reaching for amazing - and that challenge is what fuels us. Power of She Overview: This position will be responsible for managing the brand's FP&A and Control functions and playing a critical part in ensuring Gap Inc.'s fastest growing brand continues to grow in a managed and sustainable way. The Senior Manager position will provide broad exposure across the organization by partnering closely with the Athleta leadership team, Field Finance, Real Estate, Company Planning, Corporate Finance, and Corporate Accounting functions. This position will lead a team of three Senior Analysts and report to the Senior Director of Finance. Responsibilities: Manage the brand's monthly forecast, close, and corporate reporting processes Structure and manage Athleta's annual budget and long range planning (LRP) processes Deliver comprehensive financial analysis with recommendations regarding strategic initiatives and new business/growth opportunities through development of analysis methodology, financial models and presentations Build effective and collaborative relationships with brand and functional business partners, identifying key opportunities, as well as communicating and influencing strategic business decisions Regularly partner with Athleta leadership team and manage sensitive and/or confidential information Serve as point of contact for control and accounting policy-related items for Athleta, partnering closely with Gap Inc.'s corporate control group to ensure the broader team is educated on Gap Inc and GAAP accounting rules. Develop and lead team of three Senior Analysts responsible for Athleta's headquarters/divisional expenses, marketing expenses, cost of sales spread (non-product costs), and DC variable expenses.
- Capable of effectively influencing business partners through diplomacy, building consensus, negotiating, and exercising leadership skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior management and cross-functional groups in a professional, concise, and direct manner
- Self-starter that anticipates problems, identifies opportunities, and provides creative solutions
- Ability to work within a lean team in a fast-paced environment that requires a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, flexibility, and commitment to deliver on deadlines
- Team player with a positive attitude - open to cross-training and sharing team responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in owning, driving, and prioritizing multiple projects to completion
- Strategic, analytical, and structured thinker that possesses exceptional attention to detail and can articulate complex situations in a simple way
- Skilled at identifying sources of information from disparate sources to deliver comprehensive, objective, and actionable analysis.
- Strong technical mindset with proven ability to create, learn, and manage financial models
- Solid understanding of retail fundamentals and financial metrics
- Enthusiastic about working with emerging brands along with passion and energy to drive results
- Customer focused – both internal and external
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Finance or related fields, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
- Bachelor degree in Finance or related field, MBA a plus
- Prior experience developing and managing a team strongly preferred
- Experience with a large high growth consumer company a plus
- eCommerce/Omnichannel or apparel experience a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle financial systems and Essbase/Hyperion is a plus
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top