Sr. Manager - Editorial
Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences - join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp - put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
Are you an energetic, experienced storyteller with a heart for working at a mission-driven company? Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment? Do you love clothes? If so, you may be the Sr. Editorial Manager we're looking for.
Ideally, your talent is exceeded only by your passion. And your passions include female empowerment, fitness/sports and the great outdoors. You can drive creative concepts and editorial POV across multiple channels. You have experience writing both advertising and editorial copy, targeting women and girls. You're a naming whiz and a master of content collection with ace interviewing skills.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Writing editorial content for catalogs and eventually podcasts
- Concepting and writing for video and print ads
- Working cross-functionally to help develop seasonal messaging
- Managing product naming
What you have:
- 6+ years writing experience in advertising, marketing, journalism or related field
- Deep print and broadcast portfolio
- BA in English, journalism, communications or related field
- All the best words
- Ability to tell a compelling story in as few as 10 words or as many as 200
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines (accomplished plate spinners, please apply)
- Mentoring experience
- Humility to ask for help when needed
- Thick skin - because your copy may get revised several times before it's final
- Sense of humor - because it's what keeps us all sane in the thick of it
- Collaborative spirit and skills, both with other creatives and across functions
- Life outside of work
- Retail experience wouldn't hurt, but isn't required.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top