Sr Director, Product Management - Online & Consumer Web
The consumer shopping journey is changing. Gap has always been a leader in ecommerce, now we are evolving our online and digital capabilities further - providing the shopping experience today's customer is demanding.
The Senior Director – Online Product Management will be responsible for guiding the core shopping experience for the $16B, Top 20 Internet Retailer globally. You will manage a team of product managers who envision, assess and bring to life new and improved online exploration, evaluation and purchase capabilities. We believe these capabilities can be improved and advanced to delight our customers, grow our business and provide competitive differentiation.
The role will report to the Head of Consumer Product Management and manage a team of product managers. You will also evolve the team by mentoring, coaching and hiring new team members.
The broader Customer Experience Product Management team at Gap is responsible for creating a best in class digital experience. The work of product management impacts all brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, Banana Republic Factory and Intermix. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands. We partner with business leaders, designers and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
Our proprietary, multi-brand shopping platform drives the web, mobile, and in-store experiences across all of our brands. We are expanding our platform to enhance omni-channel capabilities, launch international markets, optimize mobile experiences, and support the growth of our retail store fleet.
Product Managers identify high-value opportunities and work directly with user experience design and engineers to continuously improve the experience for both external and internal customers.
What you get to do:
- Guide the experimentation and prioritization of investments in our online experience – which we divide into browsing, buying, and post-purchase efforts
- Develop a product vision; collaborate with engineers and architects to create a technology vision for the same
- Achieve material business results; your work, evaluation and collaboration is organized around key commercial outcomes
- Assemble and synthesize consumer and competitive insights in your product space, helping the company to understand trends and opportunities
- Develop and mentor the team that executes on online capabilities, a core element of Gap's customer experience strategy
- Represent product management in the cross-functional Ecommerce initiative, defining and evolving our product priorities and roadmap
- Personally bring thought leadership and product leadership to the loyalty capabilities we'll create, buy and integrate
- Partner with marketing, brand, user experience, consumer insights, and analytics teams
- Extensive experience in driving consumer web product: a track record of experimentation, learning and significant results delivered
- A passion for understanding customers – their stated and unstated needs, feedback and preferences
- Strong familiarity with ecommerce and consumer web data and measurement
- 7+ years of product management experience, including managing multiple significant product areas simultaneously
- Team leadership experience – mentoring great talent and developing your people
- Track record of creating a vision and marshaling organizations to execute on that vision
- Commercial acumen – including the ability to rapidly understand our business and guide investments based on anticipated business benefits; bias for using data to drive decision making
- Ability to collaborate with engineers, architects & third parties
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate clearly with business & technology stakeholders, to synthesize complexity, especially on complex product prioritization issues
- It would be great if you also have:
- Technical degree (BS, Computer Science, Engineering) and / or MBA
- Previous experience in software development
- Hands on ability to interact with complex data sets
- Experience with lean methodology
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top