Sr Director, Product Management - Loyalty & Payments
Nearly every retailer is striving to better understand their customers – in order to serve and delight them. Gap intends to be a leader amongst those retailers that do this successfully. Our advantages include an industry leading payments program, large marketable audience and loved brands.
We need help in defining our Loyalty capabilities and continuing to evolve way our customers pay. Gap is seeking a Senior Director of Product Management for Loyalty and Payments. This individual will lead the effort to assess, innovate and evolve our loyalty and payments capabilities.
The role will report to the Head of Consumer Product Management. The Director of Loyalty Product Management and Sr. Manager of Payments Product Management will be direct reports.
The Customer Experience Product Management team at Gap Inc is responsible for creating a best in class digital experience. The work of product management impacts all brands; Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, Banana Republic Factory and Intermix. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands.
This team ideates, executes, and delivers technology for Gap Inc.'s portfolio of specialty apparel brands. We partner with business leaders, designers and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
Our proprietary, multi-brand shopping platform drives the web, mobile, and in-store experiences across all of our brands. We are expanding our platform to enhance omni-channel capabilities, launch international markets, optimize mobile experiences, and support the growth of our retail store fleet.
Product Managers identify high-value opportunities and work directly with user experience design and engineers to continuously improve the experience for both external and internal customers.
What you get to do:
- Guide the experimentation and prioritization of investments in our customer loyalty propositions (e.g. credit cardholder loyalty, investigation of new loyalty opportunities)
- Manage the evolution of our payment capabilities – e.g. payment processing, mobile wallet integration in store and online
- Assemble and synthesize consumer and competitive insights in your product spaces, help the company understand trends and opportunities
- Develop a product vision for loyalty and payments; collaborate with engineers and architects to create a technology vision for the same
- Envision, create and enhance the capabilities that materially contribute to business results and improve the customer experience
- Develop and mentor the team that executes on loyalty and payments capabilities, a core element of Gap's customer experience strategy
- Represent product management in the cross-functional Loyalty initiative, defining and evolving our product priorities and roadmap
- Personally bring thought leadership and product leadership to the loyalty capabilities we'll create, buy and integrate
- Partner with marketing, brand, user experience, consumer insights, and analytics teams
- Experience in managing the development and rollout of one or more consumer loyalty programs; ideally those programs would have an exemplary customer experience – incorporating mobile, in store, personalization
- 7+ years of product management experience, including managing multiple significant product areas simultaneously
- Team leadership experience – mentoring great talent and developing your people
- Track record of creating a vision and marshaling organizations to execute on that vision
- Commercial acumen – including the ability to rapidly understand our business and guide investments based on anticipated business benefits; bias for using data to drive decision making
- Ability to collaborate with engineers, architects & third parties
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate clearly with business & technology stakeholders, to synthesize complexity, especially on complex product prioritization issues
It would be great if you also have:
- Payments experience in one or more of: payment processing, payment gateways, mobile payments, ecommerce / retail payments integration
- Consumer internet experience
- Technical degree (BS, Computer Science, Engineering) and / or MBA
- Previous experience in software development
- Hands on ability to interact with complex data sets
- Experience with lean methodology
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top