Sr. Buying Manager, Maternity, Gap Online US
- Develop and manage the execution of end to end sales, gross margin and inventory strategies to hit Division sales plans.
- Create a comprehensive seasonal framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals.
- Drive partnership and collaboration with Global Merchandising team to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the Gap Online customer and business needs.
- Partner with Site Merchandising team to influence marketing needs and site merchandising decisions that drive customer engagement and deliver financial results.
- Balance and prioritize workload for team.
- Manage teams supporting end-to-end buying of multiple Departments.
- Accountable for the skill development and career growth of direct reports/team.
- Manage team of Buyers, Assistant Buyers, and Inventory Specialists. Provide leadership by creating a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment.
- Balance workload priorities across departments and division to ensure successful execution.
- Communicate timelines, standards and performance expectations to direct reports in a timely manner.
- Accountable for career development and skill development of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention, and future talent development.
- Recognize & reward performance.
- Develop bench-strength and a talent pipeline through active participation in recruiting and succession planning.
- Support employees in development goals and provide them with the appropriate tools, training and feedback for their professional development.
- Actively solicit ideas and listen to all members of the cross-functional team to ensure that innovative ideas are surfaced and acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business.
- Provide manager with timely feedback on personal developmental and training goals
PRE-SEASON FINANCIAL PLANNING
- Manage the financial success of Division by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals.
- Review Division financial targets of the team that align with the Division's seasonal product strategy and include sales, gross margin and inventory.
- Work with counterparts to ensure all divisions combined hit total GOL financial targets.
- Develop and communicate seasonal Divisional product strategies that align with financial goals of the season.
- Create and execute sizing strategies that support Divisional objectives.
- Review and refine pre-season analytics for the division.
- Set up Roadmap & FST for Division
- Lead seasonal kick off to launch season setting context for deliverables and aligning team and cross-functional partners on goals
- With roadmap, top 30s , Marketing calendar, left nav doc, OTB/bottoms up pete roll/financials by week
- Measure and communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to Director or Sr Director and cross-functional team on a weekly basis.
- Lead Monday biz recapping with the team
- Represent the division on the Monday afternoon meeting (and potentially the 10am meeting)
- Partner with cross-functional team members to develop and communicate tactical plans to achieve business timelines and deliverables.
- Promo Outlook(for total division) + Give promo direction to team (that coincides with OTB forecast) and check roll up files
- Ad Hoc projects that come up. IE: anything that is not on the Buying calendar like last minute in season last minute pricing action or promos. Potential to own for total division
- Review team's pricing recommendations and strategies in alignment with total business financial plans.
- Own the forecast of in-season sales and inventory trends through the monthly OTB process. Develop product, site and financial strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk.
- Recap divisional seasonal hindsight learnings (product and financial) and strategically identify opportunities for pre-line.
- Balance team workload across pre-season and in-season, product and financial milestones and deliverables.
- Responsible for managing team calendar and deliverables - send expectations for div each week—two weeks out (send by EOD Monday)
- Proficiency in enterprise applications (Venus, NOVA, etc.) as well as GOL specific tools (cube platform).
- Participate in strategic projects, including process and operating improvements.
- Own the development of seasonal product strategies.
- Assist in the development of Long Range Plans.
- Perform daily activities that support the merchandising strategies and merchandise pipeline. Ensure timely workflow on all deliverables defined by the Global product pipeline and seasonal check lists.
- Deliver on online exclusive business strategies including product recapping, needs analysis and presentation on site.
- With team, develop program / cc targets including grow/maintain/downtrend strategies
- Keep track of competitive landscape in regards to product assortment, pricing & site strategy and make recommendations accordingly for your division
- CC Counts
- White space
- Share seasonal category strategies with Site Merchant team to enable the development and execution of site and sort strategies.
- Partner with Site Merchant team to ensure site experience is connected to Marketing, Promo and Buying actions
- Customer and product centric. Ability to adapt work to meet the needs of the customer.
- Financial Acumen: The ability to use financial metrics to measure the performance of the business. Understand how financial levers impact results.
- Business Acumen: The ability to read and react to business results, understanding how decisions impact those results.
- Systems & Tools Acumen: The ability to quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
- Ability to formulate short term tactical plans that are effective, efficient and support business and product strategies.
- Ability to effectively sell a point of view to both peers and upper management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the target customer and of product trends.
- Ability to skillfully analyze an ambiguous problem, use rigorous logic to formulate a rational for the decisions and take action leveraging cross-functional resources.
- Demonstrate smart risk taking.
- Accurately assess employee strengths and development needs.
- Be open-minded to and receptive of other's opinions.
- Adapt well to diverse audiences and environments.
- Demonstrate the organizational agility to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate perspective to understand and address multiple aspects & impacts of issues.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top