Sr. Associate - Visual Merchandising
Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences - join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp - put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
Athleta's Visual Merchandising Associate will support the Sr. Visual Merchandising Manager in executing a compelling vision for the retail experience with emphasis in the seasonal floor sets at the Studio. This position works closely with the Visual Associate on all aspects of the studio. This position also works closely with many cross-functional teams and developing strong and beneficial partnerships is essential. This position supports the field with communicating visual direction and solutions.
- Create compelling seasonal In-Store and Window presentations to ensuring the brand is relevant in the competitive landscape and continues to push the brand forward
- Utilize knowledge of current trends and in the market place and future runway trends regarding styling and merchandising techniques
- Lead various leadership through store sets communicating key ideas and merchandising decisions with confidence and ease
- Ensure all marketing elements are accurate and placed in store set meeting studio timelines
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in ensuring accurate seasonal assortments and on time sample availability based on studio timelines
- Manage all studio sample processes including stockroom management, sample organization and set preparation, organization, lighting and a clean workspace
- Assist Graphic designer in documenting and photographing visual sets for clear, concise communication to the field
- Work closely with field visual partners to offer support and training and develop close relationships with local stores to utilize space for tests and feedback
- Participate in Corporate initiative projects as needed
- Integrity and trust as a key member of the Athleta team
- Honest, articulate and direct in dealing with co-workers on all levels
- Is approachable and able to deal with stress effectively
- Is confident in oneself and inspires confidence in others
- Open Minded and flexible to feedback and changes
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- 4+ years in comparable visual merchandising and retail experience
- Basic computer skills (MS Office)
- Advanced computer skills a plus (Adobe CS)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and develop creative solutions
- Ability to work independently and with the team while handling multiple projects concurrently
- Strong attention to detail
- Some travel required
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top