Sr Analyst, Sustainable Chemistry, Gap Inc.
The Sr. Analyst for Sustainable Chemistry is responsible for ensuring Gap Inc. complies with all relevant international and domestic chemical regulations and supporting programs aimed at eliminating use of hazardous chemicals in the supply chain. This includes administering Gap Inc.'s Restricted Substance List (RSL) program, monitoring the regulatory landscape for new legislation affecting the industry, ensuring Gap is current with all chemical reporting requirements, and consulting internal partners on sustainable chemistry decisions.
- Drives Results
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Learning Agility
Individual contributor responsible for leading our sustainable chemistry programs. This role sits within the Global Sustainability team and is part of the Sustainable Innovation group. The programs require cross-functional participation and relationships. There is complexity in the programs that require an expertise in textile chemistry with a focus on sustainability. This role will also interface with Aro.
Restricted Substance program:
- Sample selection of styles for testing each month, including use of vendor performance and fabrication information to guide risk-based selection criteria
- Review of testing reports and lead resolution of chemical failures with global sourcing business partners
- Enhance and maintain database of test results for analysis of vendor and product risk
- Development of analytical model for RSL results that will be used to drive more effective and efficient monitoring programs, including regular reporting out to internal partners
- Represent Gap Inc. with the AFIRM industry group to update the RSL and provide training resources to supply chain partners
Chemical regulatory tracking:
- Track, analyze, and communicate increasing regulatory requirements related to chemicals in our markets
- Work with legal department to ensure Gap Inc. maintains compliance with all new requirements
- Superior analytical skills and fluency with spreadsheets
- Strong chemistry background. Background in consumer product chemistry is preferred
- High attention to detail, organization and follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel (10%)
- High level proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint etc.).
- Degree in chemistry, environmental sciences, or similar
- Experience evaluating government regulations and forming policy recommendations
- Experience in consumer products, manufacturing, or retail industry desirable
- Laboratory testing experience desirable
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top