Sr. Analyst - Customer Insights & Strategy - Brands
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Strategy and Insights function at Gap Inc. is a critical part of defining our path forward. Through rigorous analyses, focus on our customers, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop the strategic directions for our company.
The Strategy and Insights team reports to the Chief Customer Officer / EVP of Strategy, and provides strategic support to our CEO and Brand and Functional Leadership Team.
As a Senior Analyst, you will play a critical role in driving strategic consumer insights programs and projects to advance our portfolio and brand priorities, growth and long-range plans. This role, based in SF, is part of the Brand Lead team, and will be primarily focused on delivering insights and strategies for our brand partners. You will help to influence the business regularly through updated foundational customer understanding and consumer insights to inform better decision-making around product and experience, and help to identify opportunities to differentiate through innovation.
- The team's work is focused on Brand strategic initiatives across product, customer and in store experience strategy
- You will be embedded into the brand to serve Insight needs nimbly and to support ongoing transformation to more customer-centric decision making in the business
- Role exposes you to a variety of areas including apparel product, digital/store/omni-shopping experience, and brand marketing
You are part of a flexible team of insights resources permitting you to work on a wide variety of tasks, projects, and teams such as:
- Analyze data to uncover fact-based insights
- Synthesize disperse information into effective strategies and innovative insights, translating complex ideas into compelling, actionable recommendations
- Identify key issues, structure problems, and develop workplans that drive value creation
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis, ideally including financial modeling
- Manage regular cadence of reporting and analysis for the widely-used Customer Experience Tracking and Brand Health program
- Develop surveys, moderate online, analyze, & deliver compelling findings and recommendations within Gap Inc. community
- Support cross-functional workstreams; able to effectively manage multiple projects
- Proactively listen to partners to find new ways to drive business value
- 3-5+ years professional experience in Insights, Strategy/Strategic Management consulting, or Analysis
- A strategic & analytical mind with proven experience applying structure to answer complex questions or problems
- Strong writing, speaking, and communication skills
- Experience synthesizing information into a clear, simple story
- Experience applying foundational statistical concepts, statistical software experience strongly preferred (e.g. PowerBI, SPSS, SAS, SQL)
- Great presentation building skills
- Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively; works well with others and is considered a true team player
- Positive attitude, can-do-anything, creative problem-solver
- Enjoys learning from and teaching others
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top