Sr. Analyst Benefits, Gap Inc.
This is an opportunity to take what you know to the next level. Expand your understanding of plan implementation and administration. Learn how to work in a large matrix organization. Broaden your skillset into other parts of Benefits.
This position is responsible for compliance, administration, and communications for paid time off, leave and disability programs and the retirement plans in the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Learning Agility
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Strategic Orientation
- Integral member of the Benefits team in driving results
- Subject matter expert and resource of managed programs
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal/external business partners, including HR, Finance and third-party vendors
- Works seamlessly with the Corporate Shared Services Center in Albuquerque
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least two of the following disciplines: Health & Welfare, Leaves & Disability, Paid Time off, Retirement, &/or Wellbeing programs
- Manage budget, vendor, and stakeholder relationships associated with the role
- Ensure compliance of Gap Inc plans with all business and legal plan requirements, preparation and filing of legally required reports and documents such as SPD and 5500 filling, responsible for quarterly SOX certifications and internal audit reviews
- Manage benchmarking and survey process to help maintaining program competitiveness
- Monitors external environment for emerging trends, regulatory changes, best practices and incorporates into programs
- Execute change management and design strategy in communicating plan changes and employee impact to multiple audiences.
- Partners closely with Shared Services, Brands and Inc. HR as well as other internal and external key stakeholders to manage the administration of the benefits programs
- Represents Gap Inc. and participates in forums such as Retail Benefits Group
Key Experiences/ Attributes
- 3-5 years of experience within Benefits function. Global benefits and retirement experience highly desirable
- Strong communication skills, ability to simplify and clearly communicate complex concepts in participant communications
- Thorough knowledge of ERISA and other laws governing employee benefits; understanding and experience with state and local mandates
- Experience in large companies employing significant numbers of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Experience working with external vendors who provide co-sourced or outsourced benefits administration services
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience a must.
- Strong business acumen, particularly financial and analytical skills; solid understanding of EXCEL and IT capabilities with HRMS desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects; manage multiple vendors and outside consultant relationships
- Advises and influences, gaining alignment across business units and functions
- Successfully navigates challenging and sensitive situations requiring supportive change management and communications
- A consultative style, executive presence, consensus-building ability, and outstanding and effective interpersonal and oral and written communication skills. Comfortable presenting to large groups.
- Passion for customer experience and problem solving
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top