Specialist - PR
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Include description of position here. This includes:
- This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director, Platform Communications.
- Responsible for supporting external communications activities for all areas of Platform Communications - Customer & Strategy Team, Global Supply Chain & Product Operations and GapTech, with a focus on supporting the Digital and Customer Data & Analytics functions within our Customer & Strategy team.
- Support Platform Comms managers and director with development external content promoting the work of these groups within Gap Inc.: blog posts, press releases, social media posts, intranet articles, newsletters and media messaging.
- Execution on external media relations, coordinating responses and media outreach on key initiatives.
- Manage media lists, speaking calendars, awards calendars, additional trackers and coverage/results reports for the Platform team. Support Specialist in Corporate Communication to share responsibilities on compiling and distributing Today's News to Gap Inc. and other team coordination.
- Partner across the Global Communications team to promote Platform Comms activities across all Gap Inc. channels.
- Passion for storytelling and an understanding of reporting metrics and results, delivering reporting to support comms strategy.
- Write external content for CST, GapTech and Global Supply Chain.
- Create and manage timelines for projects and ensure deadlines are met.
- Provide guidance to partners on development of external stories and appropriate planning and timing.
- Create presentation materials and manage speaking and awards calendars.
- Provide reporting and research on media, speaking, awards and other comms activities.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Great writing skills, previous experience in writing and editing internal and external communications including global emails, blog posts, press releases, PowerPoint presentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite.
- Experience in managing reporting and data driven results.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and self-prioritize work to achieve team goals.
- Ability to work independently, manage up and engage resources as required.
- Bachelor's degree, focus in Communications or Journalism preferred.
- Agency experience preferred.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top