About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Merchandise Support Team is the cross-category operations arm of the Merchandisers of Gap International Sourcing. The position is responsible for the Governance of systems related to Merchandising support operations across GAP brands and geographies. The person will be the SME on all processes and own the onboarding, training and work allocation of new team members.
What you will do
- Manage a merchandise support clerical team to ensure the team meets its objectives
- Monitor and evaluate the performance levels within the team with a view to identifying ways of improving performance levels.
- Plan resource needs and manage workload distribution, allocation of tasks and monitor service levels.
- Monitor escalation of queries to improve team's service and support.
- Ensure establishment of review mechanism and renewals of Service Level Agreements with assigned brand teams and monitor quality of services
- Responsible for maintaining strong cross functional relationships
- Provide leadership support in proactive identification and resolution of related issues
- Responsible for process improvement to support present and future needs
- Developing of Goals, KRAs & KPIs for the team members and its implementation
- Demonstrate Planning skills in effective resource utilization
- Provide Subject Matter expertise and deliver trainings as per the business requirement
- Explains rationale and provides system knowledge and bigger picture while delegating jobs
- Potential risk flagging in a timely manner to mitigate delivery risk (if any)
- Process Management experience - working in a process driven shared services team or inclination towards working in a structured SOP based environment
- Personal Leadership - demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across various stakeholders
- Talent Builder - proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry teams.
- Result Orientation - proven track record of KPI delivery and improvement
- Accountability - demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Problem Solver can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Stakeholder management - the ability to work with multiple cross functional teams at same time
- Data analysis - experience of handling large data sets; able to perform deep dive analysis and draw relevant insights from large data sets with limited supervision
- Strong Excel skills - Advanced Pivots tables, Excel formulae (vlookup, iferror, etc) and VBA
- Well-versed with making presentation includes building powerpoints
- Experience of working in fast-paced and multinational environment will be helpful
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.