Sous Chef - SF, Gap Inc.
Takes responsibility and leads kitchen team by example. Creates and Implements developed menus for production. Provides production sheets and coordinates daily workflow for the kitchen team in order to have productive time management. Required to give direction, training and feedback to line cooks, prep cooks and dishwashers as needed on a daily basis. Creates orders and Receives daily product deliveries, reconciles orders of delivered product, checks for freshness and ensures proper storage. Continually seeks and communicates methods for process improvement to increase efficiencies department-wide.
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Customer Impact
- Interacts with business partners at all levels and vendor representatives when appropriate.
- Works closely with Chef to maintain appropriate on-hand inventories and conduct monthly inventory reporting.
- Must work to create a collaborative work environment for all cooks, to participate in menu planning and production of weekly menus.
- Leads and inspires functional team to be: product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented.
- Produce developed menus and provide excellent customer service
- Communicates recipes, portioning and merchandising details to Line Cooks as directed.
- Creates production sheets and coordinates daily workflow
- Tastes prepared food and ensures Quality and taste before service daily
- Trains staff on customer service skills as well as follows up to ensure great customer service
- Seeks opportunities to improve the customer experience, works with chef to implement
- Maintains kitchen, storage and serving areas
- Ensures that all kitchen and storage areas are organized, clean and safe.
- Ensures that all product to be dated and labeled properly.
- Ensures safety and sanitation procedures for compliance with all guidelines form OSHA, Department of Public Health and Risk Management are being followed
- Manages on-hand inventory
- Provides feedback to Vendors about product quality and service
- Partners with chef to maintain appropriate inventory levels on-hand
- Works with chef to conduct month end inventory collection
- Develop and motivate staff
- Develops and motivates kitchen teams to upgrade skills and food knowledge
- Provide performance feedback to each cook regarding quality of food and skills of a cook
- Provide training as needed to cooks
- Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to cook and manage production schedule
- Ability to motivate kitchen staff
- Time Management Skills
- Organization, cleanliness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with business partners, staff and management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Minimum educational level:
- Culinary degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Serv-Safe certification required
- 1-3 years Sous Chef experience
- Broad based food knowledge working with
- diverse cuisines
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to move throughout the café and kitchen
- Ability to handle kitchen equipment and tools safely
- Ability to stand all day
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top