Sourcing Merchandiser, Plus Size
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Vendor Management team is accountable for global vendor relationships & performance per defined sourcing strategy meeting GIS priorities, garment development, costing and production performance. The team is responsible for strategic capacity planning and to setup strategies to achieve AUC and Responsive Supply Chain (RSC) goals by building effective relationships within the cross-functional teams and with brand.
The primary responsibility for the Product Development team will be to work closely with the with the brand production teams and other category teams to produce samples that meets Gap Inc. quality standards while achieving the cost and specific brand milestone targets. This team will be responsible for implementing the country / brand / product strategy while leveraging their expertise in garment development, costings, negotiations and the region.
The Merchandiser, Product Development will be responsible for developing the garment samples for the assigned product / style while working closely with the Vendor Merchandising teams of Vendors. As product development expert s/he will also be responsible for identifying the opportunities of cost saving, onboarding new vendors and executing the innovation agenda for the department in the assigned product.
• Download techpack and BOM
• Work with vendors for development sampling and initial costs
• Manage counter costing; Handling samples; Tracking fit approvals; Tracking labdips
• Monitoring, review and evaluate vendor performance
• Follow up with vendor on system-updates
• Maintain relationships and negotiations with new and existing vendors
• Manage wear-test samples and tailoring samples
• Ensure Systems are updated with costs and details
• Coordination of MST legacy ID communications for purchase order
• Manage of product development and order placement in efficient and effective manner
• Work with Technical, QA and Mill management team to ensure all commercial decision and standards are met
• To partner with category team in problem solving, information sharing and counter sourcing to support best placement plan
• Partner with brand Design, R&D and key suppliers to develop innovative and quality product
• Partner with Mill management, QA and technical teams to resolve fabric or quality issues
Who you are
• Must have PLUS SIZE experience
• Experience in sample development and with offshore production exposure is preferable
• Relevant experience in merchandising for Knits (Around 70% -80%)
• Team player with experience to work across different functions (such as fabric, quality, etc) as well as with US counterparts
• Capable to work on analysis & data presentation
• Capable to work independently & embraces the challenge to learn new processes/tasks
• Willing to work on fast pace timelines & capable to prioritize plans/actions to achieve results
• Good English (Both communication and written)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top